New Bass Tackle for 2013 from Abu Garcia
At the annual ICAST trade show to be held in Orlando, Florida in July 2012, vendors in the sportfishing tackle industry unveil all the new tackle they’re planning for 2013.
Abu Garcia low profile Revo baitcast reels are receiving a total redesign for 2013.
Changing the design of one of the most popular low profile series on the market is risky at best. The engineers at Abu Garcia not only took the challenge to heart, but the new lineup of Revo baitcast reels exceeds all expectations, says the company.
The new Revos are:
• Lighter. By completely re-engineering the design and utilizing new advanced materials, the new Revo is significantly lighter. Some models are up to 29% lighter than the original.
• More compact. The new compact design is easier fit to the hand for more comfortable fishing hour after hour.
• More powerful. The new reels incorporate a new D2 Gear System which is the next generation of Duragear. The new larger gear system translates into more efficient cranking power.
New Revo models of interest to bass anglers are:
• Revo Premier. At 5.87 ounces this reel crosses into the sub six ounce barrier and has been upgraded with the same IVCB-IV brake system included in the Revo MGX for casting a wide range of baits.
• Revo STX. 29% lighter than the previous model and now available with a full complement of gear ratios with ratios including 6.4:1, 7.1:1 and a new super high speed gear ratio of 8.0:1.
• Revo SX. By utilizing advanced materials such as C6 Carbon the Revo SX has dropped 25% of its weight, coming at a 6.66 ounces
• Revo S. 15% lighter and the new white appearance is the ideal match for the Abu Garcia Veritas rod.
• Revo Winch. 19% lighter and has a new upgraded Infini brake system. This reel is perfectly matched with the Abu Garcia Veritas Winch rod series. Perfect for crankbaits, high resistance lures and a great choice for castable umbrella rigs. The Revo Winch features a powerful low 5.4:1 gear ratio with an powerful extended handle that lets you fish all day long without getting worn down.
Latest posts by Industry News
- Missile Baits Adds FLW Pros Pearson, Lowitzki - March 5, 2014
- Classic 2014: Top Stories and Hot Brands of Bass Innovation - February 20, 2014
- Classic 2014: Rapala to unveil Shallow- and Deep-running Scatter Raps - February 13, 2014